Dark Matter: A Novel Review
- Those are the last words Jason Dessen hears before the masked abductor knocks him unconscious.
- Before he awakens to find himself strapped to a gurney, surrounded by strangers in hazmat suits.
- Before a man Jason’s never met smiles down at him and says, “Welcome back, my friend.”
- In this world he’s woken up to, Jason’s life is not the one he knows. Hiswife is not his wife. His son was never born. And Jason is not an ordinary college physics professor, but a celebrated genius who has achieved something remarkable. Something impossible.
- Is it this world or the other that’s the dream? And even if the home he remembers is real, how can Jason possibly make it back to the family he loves? The answers lie in a journey more wondrous and horrifying than anything he could’ve imagined—one that will force him to confront the darkest parts of himself even as he battles a terrifying, seemingly unbeatable foe.
- Dark Matter is a brilliantly plotted tale that is at once sweeping and intimate, mind-bendingly strange and profoundly human—a relentlessly surprising science-fiction thriller about choices, paths not taken, and how far we’ll go to claim the lives we dream of.
Check Out What Readers Said about Kindle/eBook!
“I really enjoyed the beginning of the book. I couldn’t put it down. As it approached the middle and the end I kept reading but just to get through it. I was hoping for some great ending with some big twist I couldn’t predict but I unfortunately was disappointed. I would go into more detail but I do not want to give anything away. I think the idea has promise but in the end it was too difficult to put on paper and the ending was forced.” By Crank
“I’m new to the author although I saw Wayward Pines on TV. This book is the fastest read I’ve picked up in a long time. You can (and will) motor through it in a day. There are a lot of themes here: the scientific method, the boundaries of the possible, the road not taken. The book is sort of a Mobius strip folding in on itself. Our protagonist Jason is challenged for his fundamental being.
The best part of the book for me was the plot process of solving the problems presented. The writing is addictively captivating and would not let me go. In some ways I was more entranced during the reading than afterwards. This is a clever, creative and tightly wound plot. I am not willing to say much about the content for fears of ruining it. Enjoyed it very much, great for those who like blended genres. For me it was less science fiction than mystery and thriller. I hope you enjoy it!” By Quickbeam
Author: Blake Crouch
Kindle price: Hardcover $16.19 Paperback from $16.76 Audio CD $26.31
Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: Crown; First Edition edition (July 26, 2016)
Product Dimensions: 6.4 x 1.3 x 9.6 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1,436 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #367 in Books